As a follow-up on the special REBEL10 chess engine running on the
ROSYSTEM server and also used by LOST BOYS on important
grandmaster tournaments for live analysis a special Rebel Decade 2.0 engine module
is available for ECTOOL the best program for email chess.
What is a REBEL chess engine?
A chess engine is the heart of a chess program, the part that makes a computer play
chess. The Rebel Decade 2.0 chess engine for ECTOOL is free downloadable (see below)
What is supported in the engine?
- Analyze current board position.
- Analyze a complete game. (Rebel10 alike)
- Analyze selected moves from a game.
How does the engine communicate?
The Rebel Decade 2.0 chess engine communicates with ECTOOL via standard
PGN and/or EPD format. The Rebel Decade 2.0 analysis process can be viewed and watched
within ECTOOL. The analysis results of the engine can be saved too.
What is ECTOOL?
Ectool is an utility to help with the management of playing correspondence or email chess.
The following are some of the most important features of the program:
- Keep a database of games in progress and already completed, displaying the games in
tabular form and showing them in a graphical Bookup (tm) style chess board. The game
list show a flag regarding in which game is your turn to play.
- Automatic creation of messages, in the various formats usually used in correspondence
chess, in PGN format, in a simple text format, numeric (the official format of the ICCF -
The International Correspondence Chess Federation), with the option of editing the message
created, adding text and a signature, carbon copies etc.
- Single and practical address book incorporated.
- Authomatic game file transfer. This feature allows to play against another ECTool user
receiving the game file attached to the email messages, then, the board will be updated
- Keep track of messages sent and received, with a single (and secure) message database.
- Import/export games to and from PGN format. It also allows the updating of games being
played from games received in email messages and pasted to the clipboard.
- CPU 80386 or higher.
- Internal memory at least 4 Mb.
- Windows 95.
- ECTOOL program version 4.0 or higher (see below)
- ECTOOL engine (see below)
Download & Links