Welcome to the Rebel Home Page
With this page we (in a nutshell) like to introduce our chess program Rebel to you and also
point to the most important pages on the Rebel Home Page to get a better understanding
what Rebel is all about.
Schröder BV is a Dutch chess software developing company completely devoted to chess since
1985. For an impression of our company you can visit our who is who
In that remarkable year (1985) our first commercial chess program named REBEL 5.0 was released
by Mephisto Hegener & Glaser, Munich, Germany in a stand-alone (dedicated) chess computer. Since
1994 we produce top chess software for PC distributed by a worldwide dealer network in
more than 30 countries.
What is Rebel?
The most important places on the Rebel Home Page
- Rebel is one of the strongest and most complete chess programs in the world.
- Rebel is famous for its playing strength but especially for its deep positional
understanding. Therefore the quality of the returned analysis is simply high
and mostly very reliable what makes Rebel not only play good against humans
but also against other computer opponents.
- Rebel is not a chess product with bells and whistles which you turn off once you have seen
them, Rebel is for the serious and professional chess player who wants the best.
- Rebel is known for being very user friendly, you hardly need the manual.
- For first time users Rebel is easy to understand. Within Rebel 10.0 you can
even choose three modes to operate Rebel (novice, imtermediate and expert).
- Rebel is famous for its build-in database with dazzling possibilties.
- The latest version of Rebel is always released including a big opening book with the latest
opening theory. The Rebel 10.0 book contains more than (hand typed) 1,500,000 opening positions
developed through a period of over 8 years.
- Rebel has many analysis options to analyze your own (or grandmaster) games or favorite
positions. Rebel will show you the places in games where mistakes are made.
- Rebel also is known for many unique extra useful features not found in other chess
- Rebel is not only a very complete chess program but also a complete chess product as we
also sell additional DATA cdrom's with over 1 million chess games, a chess tree (and
opening) book of more then 50 million unique positions (REBEL EOC), an opening book cdrom
with more than 12 million opening moves (Rebel Gold), Rebel BONUS the data and utility
The Rebel Home Page is online since November 1995. Since that date the Rebel Home Page has
been visited more than 400,000 times. Since that time the Rebel Home Page has grown and
grown with more and more information. The below links are a guide to the main pages if
you are a first time visitor. Have fun!
REBEL10 our current TOP product
Rebel and Playing Strength
REBEL10 product description
REBEL10 FREE Internet Subscription
What the Chess Press has to say about REBEL10
Other interesting places on the Rebel Home Page
ANAND vs REBEL10 a new milestone in the Man vs Machine area.
REBEL10 EOC a new development in computer chess.
If you like our free Rebel Decade you will love REBEL10.
EPD to DIAGRAM great freeware.
The freeware area on the Rebel Home Page lots of good chess stuff.
REBEL on your PC or how good is your hardware?